Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mandatory first post

Greetings,
Welcome to my blog, I plan on providing you with awesome tunes from around the globe. We are currently experiencing what I'd like to call: the new wave of raw punk. To shed some light on this claim I'm going to define raw punk as:

A subgenre of punk music influenced by early 80's hardcore punk, specifically from the UK (Chaos UK, Discharge, Disorder). Raw punk is an umberella term thats not strictly limited to the UK geographically and incorparates bands from all around the globe who are influenced by the subgenre known as UK82.
Of course, this blog/distro isn't going to be entirely centered on one genre of music, it will encompass a number of different artists and genres. I made that statement purely to emphase the style that my current bands are playing. (Leprosy and Mangel Wankers for those who don't know). For the time being I will be posting links regarding these two bands as well as the first official Atomic Age release which will be the demo of Californian Post punk band: Death of Venus.

I plan on starting small by limiting this labels releases to Cassettes at first but will be moving on to vinyl with the first Leprosy 7" which will be out shortly this year. Also in the middle of getting artwork for my distro and this webpage, In the mean time, enjoy my blog!

-Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment